Monday, April 17, 2006

My wife knows better than you do.

- The dome light in my wife's car has a delay so that once you close the door, it will stay on for about ten seconds. This is supposed to give you enough time to put the keys in the ignition, buckle your seatbelt, etc. She doesn't like this, because she thinks the light will stay on after after she exits the vehicle, even though it always turns off after that delay. She has thus chosen to just turn the light off completely so that when you open the door, the light stays off. I always put it back to where it belongs when I happen to drive her car, but she always turns it off again later.

- I walked into our home office (where we also keep the ironing board) the other day as my wife was walking out. There was a strange smell in the air. "What's that burning?", I asked her. She winced and said, "Oh, can you smell it, too? I was ironing this shirt, but it says 'Do not iron' on the label".

"Why on earth would you iron something that specifically says not to?", I asked.

"It was wrinkly", she replied.

What was this garment that she just had to iron? One of our son's t-shirts.

No comments: