Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Feel it hot, hot, hot.

As a reminder, I do all the cooking. Like most men, I really enjoy grilling out, and this summer I have whipped up barbecued chicken, pork chops, hot dogs, burgers, you name it. My favorite, however, has to be a nice, juicy steak. I make sure to marinate them and really watch them closely.

Despite all the grilling I have done, my wife is deathly afraid of food poisoning from undercooked food. I am a bit anal about this myself, so I use a meat thermometer to check before I take stuff off the grill. Nevertheless, my wife always asks me to cook her steak/chicken/chop longer than mine, just to make sure.

What happens, of course is I get a nice, juicy steak with just a little red in the middle, and she gets a hockey puck. She will also then complain that it is too dry.

Did I mention that she will also usually put her food in the microwave for an extra minute after I serve it? Just to make sure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

do I have to keep begging you for more!?

idiotwife said...

Yes, you do. What can I say? She hasn't done anything to make me roll my eyes lately.

John Deau said...

Sounds like mine

Anonymous said...

LMAO...I do that to my husband as well, so far though thats the only thing i can relate to your wife on. I just found your site and have been reading your archives honestly. Loving the belly laughs!

Anonymous said...

ummmm...i meant obviously