Tuesday, January 30, 2007

On the Road Again...

I got home from work one day at the usual time, and I noticed that my wife was just getting home herself. This is not unusual, but I know that she had left my parent's house about two hours earlier, and it is normally only a thirty minute trip.

I asked why she was so late. She sheepishly replied that she had done something dumb.

First, I need to provide some background. We live in a fairly large city, while my parents live in a smaller town several miles away. They are connected directly by a major interstate. There are lots of signs in both directions stating the distance to either.

She had left my parent's house and gone the wrong direction on the interstate.

For a half-hour.

All the way to our state capitol.

"Didn't you get concerned when you saw signs for the capitol and not our city?", I asked her.

"A little. But I didn't know what else to do.", she replied.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I am going to be fired for laughing so loudly.