Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crime is Stupid, But Not As Much as My Wife

There has been a slight up tick in crime in our area lately, specifically car break-ins. Accordingly, our neighborhood association sent around a letter with tips to prevent them.

One of the tips is to always park your car in the garage or at least as close to the house as possible.

Coincidentally, I am currently doing some work on the house, so half our garage is now devoted to tools and my work area. I cannot park my car in the garage.

Here's where the trouble starts.

I usually just park up close to the house next to a light post next to the drive way like this:

This way, I can walk out my front door and easily around to the driver's side while making sure the car is well lit.

This is unacceptable to my wife. The letter clearly stated "as close to the house as possible". So she does just that whenever she drives my car:

She will even move my car closer after I get home from work. I have told her repeatedly that this is both unnecessary and annoying. In this position, I have to walk through the dirt or wet grass to get around to the other side. It also blocks the sidewalk from anyone walking up.

It does not matter. She will not be deterred from her crime fighting.

13 comments:

Lisa Meadors said...

Man, you're such a pussy-whipped bitch. If you have any siblings with nuts to give you the truth, they'll tell you the same.

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh, Lisa...it's not like he can do anything about his wife's stupidity--but he should be able to keep beeyotches like you from being allowed to post to his webpage.

Anonymous said...

yeah lisa, he clearly loves his wife and her stupidity. I also thought this post was rather funny.

Anonymous said...

After thinking my wife is an idiot, I Googled "wife is idiot" and this blog came up. Your post is hilarious, I actually read it with my wife sitting next to me and we both had a good laugh. I feel much better than I did 5 minutes ago, and am happy I am not alone with my thoughts.

Charleston, SC

idiotwife said...

I'm glad I let this stew for a while. Lisa is obviously single. And will remain so.

still_learning said...

so only you are allowed to rant?

Anonymous said...

@still_learning - who says you can't rant? Go start your own webpage, moron.

still_learning said...

@ chicken shit anonymous

my point exactly moron.i was referring to everyone bashing lisa for having an opinion.

Anonymous said...

@still_learning: so is the personage of "still_learning" any LESS anonymous than anonymous? You're just as chickenshit as anyone else. Bitch.

Anonymous said...

@still_unable_to_learn: fortunately for you, your husband has a very low self-esteem, or he would divorced you years ago

Matt Tarleton said...

Thats nothing. My wife hit a tree in OUR yard, head-on, in her brand new Jeep Commander because she was to busy looking through the mail to notice she had veered more than 15 feet off the driveway, into the grass and straight into an Oak tree. She will never live this down.

Unknown said...

Man I need to start a blog.

T.W. Day said...

Dude, you got nothing.

My wife has nearly burned down the house, twice, by emptying hot fireplace coals into the compost pit. I came home tonight to find the fire department hosing down my brand new compost pit and flames leaping up 20' while they fought to keep the neighborhood from burning down.

The last time she did this, we had a food compost bin in the backyard near the house. She emptied hot coals into that, went back to watching Oprah, and when I came home I found the back wall of the house on fire. Put that one out myself.

In 40 years of marriage, she's managed to stay employed for about 5 total years, always getting fired for either laziness or incompetence. Trust me, she isn't going to get smarter or more useful. You're stuck with a 10 year old until you die or she wanders off with the milkman.