Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm OK if You're OK

My wife has an annoying habit of correcting me when I speak to people on the phone. I usually tune her out, but one instance was particularly annoying.

Someone called me and used the standard greeting , "How's it going ?"

I answered with my standard response of "Pretty well" and went on with the rest of the conversation.

My wife immediately piped up, "You're not doing pretty well! You're allergies are terrible! You've been stopped up and sniffling for days!"

After the call, I had to gently instruct her that we were using polite greetings, and no one really cares about the state of my sinuses.

6 comments:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

OK, you need to get this blog rolling because it is hilarious and I think many bloggers would like a sneak peak at the relationship between a man who thinks his wife is an idiot and said wife.

You should post more, and if you would like, I will do a post on my site to get ya some hits because I think my readers would LOVE this site.

But, if your wife suddenly got smart, forget I posted this comment!

Not this time said...

ha ha.
I'm with Manic Mom.

Anonymous said...

I third that sentiment.

freaking funny, brilliant... I just hope you're not my husband! ;)

Donna said...

I like it.

Hey, we're not all the same, we're not all super intelligent creatures...but the fact that you can write about these things, and still love you wife says a lot!
I got quite a chuckle out of the few posts on here.

It's Kimpossible! said...

I just found your site and love it already. I only hope nothing I do pops up on here. :o)

Lori said...

Hey...is this Nick Lachey???