Monday, May 19, 2008

Scary Technology

Recently, my wife and I stopped off at the grocery to pick up a few things. She was just picking some stuff up for herself, and I was tagging along.

As we approached the checkouts, she breezed past several of the kiosks where you can check yourself out, and chose to wait in line elsewhere, even though she only had a few items.

"Why don't you just go to one of the self-checkout things?", I asked her.

"Those things scare me.", she replied.

I could understand this if we were in our eighties, but we are quite a bit younger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Offer to show her how to use them. If she refuses, there is a problem somewhere.

Anonymous said...

The rest of us appreciate your wife not using the U-scan. Stores should not allow women to us he U-scan devices. They all go into brain lock and hold up the lines even further than they do when writing a check (they had no idea they would actually go to the store so nothing is filled out) or trying to get exact change.